- G. Singh-Bhalla, P. B. Rossen, G. K. Palsson, S. J. Suresha, D. Yi, A. Dasgupta, D. Doennig, V. G. Ruiz, A. K. Yadav, M. Trassin, J. T. Heron, C. S. Fadley, R. Pentcheva, J. Ravichandran, R. Ramesh, “Anomalous Termination Switching and Polarity Compensation in LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures”, submitted.
- S. Niu, G. Joe, H. Zhao, Y. Zhou, T. Orvis, H. Huyan, J. Salman, K. Mahalingam, B. Urwin, J. Wu, Y. Liu, T. E. Tiwald, S. B. Cronin, B. M. Howe, M. Mecklenburg, R. Haiges, D. J. Singh, H. Wang, M. A. Kats, J. Ravichandran,"Giant optical anisotropy in a quasi-1D crystal", submitted.
- S-Y. Zhao, G. Elbaz, D. Bediako, C. Yu, D. Efetov, Y. Guo, J. Ravichandran, K-A. Min, S. Hong, T. Taniguchi, K. Watanabe, L. Brus, X. Roy, P. Kim,"Controlled Electrochemical Intercalation of Graphene/h-BN van der Waals Heterostructures", Nano Letters, Published online DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b04396.
- S. Ghosh, S. Niu, M. Yankova, M. Mecklenburg, S. M. King, J. Ravichandran, R. K. Kalia, A. Nakano, P. Vashishta, and P. Setlow, "Analysis of killing of growing cells and dormant spores of Bacillus species by black silicon nanopillars", Scientific Reports, 7, 17768 (2018).
- K. Luo, S. Niu, D. Shah, A. Lonkar, Y. Liu, and J. Ravichandran, “Prediction of Perovskite and Other Ternary Oxide Multilayers as Mirrors for Soft X-rays”, Materials Research Bulletin, 98, 206 (2018).
- Q. Lin, D. Sarkar, Y. Lin, M. Yeung, L. Blankemeier, J. Hazra, W. Wang, S. Niu, J. Ravichandran, Z. Fan, R. Kapadia, “A Scalable Indium Phosphide Thin-Film Nanophotonics Platform for Photovoltaic and Photoelectrochemical Devices”, ACS Nano 11 (5), 5113 (2017).
- S. Niu, H. Huyan, Y. Liu, M. Yeung, K. Ye, L. Blankemeier, T. Orvis, D. Sarkar, D. J. Singh, R. Kapadia, and J. Ravichandran, “Band-Gap Control via Structural and Chemical Tuning of Transition Metal Perovskite Chalcogenides", Advanced Materials 29, 1604733 (2017). [Featured in Advanced Science News, Viterbi News and Nanowerk.]
- J. Ravichandran, “Thermoelectric and thermal transport properties of complex oxide thin films, heterostructures and superlattices", Journal of Materials Research 32 (1), 183 (2017). [Invited Review, Special Issue on Early Career Scholars in Materials Science].
- J. Ravichandran, C. R. Serrao, D. K. Efetov, D. Yi, Y. S. Oh, S-W. Cheong, R. Ramesh and P. Kim, “Ambipolar Transport and Magneto-resistance Crossover in a Mott Insulator, Sr2IrO4”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 28, 505304 (2016)
[IOPSelect - Articles from the last 12 months that have been chosen by our editors for their novelty, significance and potential impact on future research].
- M. Huang, G. Jnawali, J.-F. Hsu, S. Dhingra, H. Lee, S. Ryu, F. Bi, F. Ghahari, J. Ravichandran, L. Chen, P. Kim, C.-B. Eom, B. D’Urso, P. Irvin, and J. Levy, "Electric field effects in graphene/LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures and nanostructures", APL Materials 3, 062502 (2015).
- W. Gao, A. I. Khan, X. Marti, C. Nelson, C. Serrao, J. Ravichandran, R. Ramesh and S. Salahuddin, "Room temperature negative capacitance in a ferroelectric-dielectric superlattice heterostructure", Nano Letters, 14, 5814-5819 (2014).
- J. Ravichandran, A. K. Yadav, R. Cheaito, P. B. Rossen, A. Soukiassian, S. J. Suresha, J. C. Duda, B. M. Foley, C-H. Lee, Y. Zhu, A. W. Lichtenberger, J. E. Moore, D. A. Muller, D. G. Schlom, P. E. Hopkins, A. Majumdar, R. Ramesh and M. A. Zurbuchen, “Crossover from incoherent to coherent phonon scattering in epitaxial oxide superlattices”, Nature Materials, 13, 168-172 (2014).
- A. Biswas, P. B. Rossen, J. Ravichandran, Y-H. Chu, Y-W. Lee, C-H. Yang, R. Ramesh, Y. H. Jeong, “Creating both A-site and B-site terminated surfaces on oxide substrates”, Applied Physics Letters, 102, 051603 (2013).
- E. Ertekin, V. Srinivasan, J. Ravichandran, P. B. Rossen, W. Siemons, A. Majumdar, R. Ramesh and J. Grossman, “Interplay between intrinsic defects, doping and free carriers in perovskite thin films”, Physical Review B, 85, 195460 (2012).
- J. E. Kleibeuker, B. Kuiper, S. Harkema, D. H. A. Blank, G. Koster, G. Rijnders, P. Tinnemans, E. Vlieg, P. B. Rossen, J. Ravichandran, R. Ramesh, G. Portale, W. Siemons and J. M. Szepieniec, “Surface analysis of polar DyScO3 (110)”, Physical Review B, 85,165413 (2012).
- J. Ravichandran, A. K. Yadav, W. Siemons, M. A. McGuire, V. M. Wu, A. Majumdar and R. Ramesh, “Size effects on thermoelectricity in a strong correlated electron system”, Physical Review B, 85, 085112 (2012).
- K. R. Balasubramanian, V. M. Kao, J. Ravichandran, P. B. Rossen, W. Siemons and J. W. Ager III, “Semiconductor thin films directly from mineral – Study of structural, optical and transport characteristics of Cu2O thin films from malachite mineral and synthetic copper oxide”, Thin solid films, 520, 3914 (2012).
- D-W. Oh, J. Ravichandran, C-W. Liang, W. Siemons, B. Jalan, C. M. Brooks, M. Huijben, D. G. Schlom, S. Stemmer, L. W. Martin, A. Majumdar, R. Ramesh and D. G. Cahill, “Thermal conductivity as a metric for the crystalline quality of SrTiO3 epitaxial layers”, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 221904 (2011).
- J. Ravichandran, J. T. Kardel, M. L. Scullin, J.-H. Bahk, H. Heijmerikx, J. E. Bowers and A. Majumdar, “An apparatus for simultaneous measurement of electrical conductivity and thermopower of thin films in the temperature range of 300-750 K”, Review of Scientific Instruments, 82, 015018 (2011).
- J. Ravichandran, W. Siemons, M. L. Scullin, S. Mukerjee, M. Huijben, J. E. Moore, A. Majumdar and R. Ramesh, “Tuning the electronic effective mass in double-doped SrTiO3”, Physical Review B, 83, 035101 (2011).
- G. Singh-Bhalla, C. Bell, J. Ravichandran, W. Siemons, Y. Hikita, S. Salahuddin, A. F. Hebard, H. Y. Hwang and R. Ramesh, “Built-in and induced polarization across LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterojunctions”, Nature Physics, 7, 80 (2011).
- J. Ravichandran, W. Siemons, D-W. Oh, J. T. Kardel, A. Chari, H. Heijmerikx, M. L. Scullin, A. Majumdar, R. Ramesh and D. G. Cahill, “High temperature thermoelectric response of double-doped SrTiO3 epitaxial films”, Physical Review B, 82, 165126 (2010).
- J. Kleibeuker, G. Koster, W. Siemons, D. Dubbink, B. Kuiper, J. L. Blok, C-H. Yang, J. Ravichandran, R. Ramesh, J. E. ten Elshof, D. H. A. Blank and G. Rijnders, “Atomically defined rare-earth scandate crystal surfaces”, Advanced Functional Materials, 20, 3490 (2010).
- J. Ravichandran, W. Siemons, H. Heijmerikx, M. Huijben, A. Majumdar and R. Ramesh, “An epitaxial transparent conducting perovskite oxide: double-doped SrTiO3”, Chemistry of Materials, 22, 3983 (2010).
- M. L. Scullin, J. Ravichandran, C. Yu, M. Huijben, J. Seidel, A. Majumdar and R. Ramesh, "Pulsed-laser deposition-induced reduction of SrTiO3 crystals", Acta Materialia, 58, 457 (2010).
- S. P. Mondal, S. K. Ray, J. Ravichandran and I. Manna, “Temperature dependent growth and optical properties of SnO2 nanowires and nanobelts”, Bulletin of Materials Science, 33 (4), 357 (2010).
- S. Maiti, M. Pastor, R. S. Sundaram, J. Ravichandran, K. Biswas and I. Manna, “Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline dysprosia stabilized zirconia based electrolyte for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cell”, Journal of alloys and compounds, 475, 587 (2009).
- N. Chakraborti, R. Sreevathsan, R. Jayakanth and B. Bhattacharya, “Tailor-made material design: An evolutionary approach using multi-objective genetic algorithms”, Computational Materials Science, 45 (1), 1 (2009).
- J. Ravichandran, A. G. Manoj, J. Liu, I. Manna and D. L. Carroll, “A novel polymer nanotube composite for photovoltaic packaging applications”, Nanotechnology, 19, 085712 (2008).
- N. Chakraborti, R. Jayakanth, S. Das, E.D. Çalisir, and Ş. Erkoç, "Evolutionary and genetic algorithms applied to Li+-C system: calculations using differential evolution and particle swarm algorithm", Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion, 28 (2), 140-149 (2007).
- N. Chakraborti, S. Das, R. Jayakanth, R. Pekoz and Ş. Erkoç, “Genetic algorithms applied to Li+ ions contained in carbon nanotubes: an investigation using particle swarm optimization and differential evolution along with molecular dynamics”, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 22(5), 562-569 (2007).
- S. R. C. Vivekchand, R. Jayakanth, A. Govindaraj and C. N. R. Rao, "The problem of purification of single-walled carbon nanotubes", Small, 1 (10), 920-923 (2005).14.
- R. Nandan, R. Rai, R. Jayakanth, S. Moitra, N. Chakraborti and A. Mukhopadhyay, "Regulating crown and flatness during hot rolling: a multi-objective optimization study using genetic algorithms", Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 20 (3), 459-478 (2005).